I used to be watching a report on LBC on Sunday concerning sexual violence in Lebanon and the numbers they confirmed are fairly scary to say the least. Extra importantly, they shed the sunshine on the pathetic sentence that an individual who commits incestuous rape will get when in comparison with the sentence of an individual accused of cheque fraud. In truth, an individual dedicated of incestuous rape can get 5 years whereas much less critical crimes crimes might get you as much as 10 years in jail.
Listed below are among the stats shared following a survey performed with 1000 individuals in Lebanon:
– 1 out of four girls in Lebanon is a sufferer of sexual harassment.
– 6% of the Lebanese know at the least one one that was a sufferer of sexual assault.
– Solely 24% of the victims report the assault to the police.
– 49% of the sexual assaults had been perpetrated by members of the family or family.
– 60% are in favor of severing punishment for sexual predators.
In keeping with the ISF, at the least 13 girls have reported sexual assaults EVERY month because the begin of 2017. Having stated that, I feel it’s extremely vital to shed the sunshine on these numbers and encourage victims of sexual harassment or rape to talk up and identify these sick sexual predators.
You may try the complete report [right here].