A whole lot of Lebanese imagine that overseas embassies and NGOs are exhibiting extra help to Syrian refugees in Lebanon and ignoring the Lebanese however that’s positively not the case relating to the British Embassy in Beirut. Since 2011, the UK has been concerned in a whole bunch of tasks from renewable energies, water tanks, new faculties, irrigation canals, sports activities fields, waste administration and supporting native communities in over 250 municipalities in Lebanon.
To call few:
– Photo voltaic avenue lights in Saida, Bebnine, Terbol and Kfar Jarra
– Water tanks in Al Kharayeb, Majdel Anjar and Hebbariye
– Pavements and irrigation canals in Wadi Khaled and Al Hissa
– Sports activities fields and leisure areas in Taalabaya, Qab Elias and Lebaa
– Waste administration tasks in Sarafand, Chebaa and Makseh
The UK is at present the third largest bilateral donor to Lebanon and we should always count on additional funding for the approaching years following the London & Brussels conferences.
Watch the under documentary exhibiting how UK in Lebanon is standing by Lebanon and supporting the resilience of its folks. In actual fact, I believe they’re doing extra work than the Lebanese authorities and their ambassadors from Tom Fletcher to Hugo Shorter have served as optimistic position modes for a lot of the Lebanese.
Benefit from the documentary ready by our associates at Uf ideas.