How have you learnt it’s election season in Lebanon? When all politicians swiftly grow to be outraged by the nation’s awful infrastructure, awful web, lack of electrical energy and water and so forth. 4 folks died in automobile crashes prior to now month on the Jeita-Ajaltoun highway and everybody simply discovered how dangerous this highway is.
They’re livid that the authorities haven’t accomplished something, though most of these I heard have been (and are nonetheless) really in energy and didn’t do shit. If something, they do suggest idiotic options once in a while simply to indicate curiosity however they don’t even trouble (thankfully) implement any of them.
I’ve lived in Keserwan my complete life and the Zouk Mosbeh – Kfardebian Highway is as dangerous as most mountain roads in Lebanon, whether or not it’s the Antelias – Bekfaya highway or the Baabda – Chtaura highway and lots of others. Nevertheless, the true downside just isn’t the absence of a cement wall between the 2 lanes, however the lack of any upkeep, lighting and planning for these roads.
If anybody is severe about tackling these points critically, right here’s what they want to take a look at:
– No lighting: We’re virtually driving in the dead of night more often than not. Why don’t they spend money on solar-powered lights? or get a generator to maintain the lights lit?
– Highway works: Nearly anyplace on this planet, security limitations are positioned round highway works to maintain drivers protected. Right here they don’t give a rattling should you fall off a cliff and should you assume I’m joking, drive by the Jeita roundabout these days.
– Mini outlets on the primary highway: All these drive-through “Newelne” outlets positioned proper on the highway must be closed down as soon as and for all. They trigger site visitors they usually trigger accidents as nicely. However since we’re in Lebanon, and as an alternative of municipalities and anxious ministries attempting to manage these outlets, they’re popping left and proper.
– Lack of planning: Have you ever seen what number of facilities simply opened on the Zouk Mosbeh freeway all the best way as much as Jeita? There’s barely anywhere left for vehicles to move and at evening folks park like assholes there.
– Not sufficient roundabouts: You possibly can flip left or proper right into a city anyplace on this highway. Both give you extra roundabouts to arrange site visitors or block all these hazardous entries.
Calling for a cement wall could also be an inexpensive request but it surely gained’t work, as a result of the roads are too tight at one level and having that wall would shrink the lanes to 1 as an alternative of two. Additionally does anybody have any statistics regarding the automobile crashes happening on that highway? If pace is behind these unlucky accidents, then how will partitions assist?
All in all, everybody’s outraged that there are over 20 fatalities on that highway yearly. I’m stunned the quantity is that low.